We are SEW excited to announce the opening of The Modern Sewist Sewcial Studio! The Studio, officially opening on Tuesday, January 2nd
, will provide a space for people with a common interest in sewing, quilting, and hand-craft to join together to share and learn among one another.
Stuck on a project? Need a little help or inspiration? Looking to meet like-minded people who speak your language? We are creating a modern interpretation of the quilting bee and sewing circle. We firmly believe that being part of a community fuels creativity and by being part of our Sewcial Studio, you get the space, time, and network of friends you’ve been looking for – and in some cases, longing for.
Membership may be for you if ...
- You'd like to make new friends with similar passions
- Hauling your sewing machine prevents you from sewing with friends
- The cost of the tools required for a successful project is prohibitive
- You would like guidance to build your skills
- You've hit a creative wall and are looking for inspiration
- You're lacking the space at home to put your project together
- You'd like to be involved in our local sewing community
Membership access gives you perks that you don't get just from coming to a class or event. However, if you're not ready to make a commitment you can still get sewcial with our drop-in option. Whether a member or drop-in, your studio session includes the use of our machines (reservation required), top-quality tools to help make winning projects, and an experienced sewist to guide you as needed*. Receive assistance trouble-shooting problems, glean inspiration and get helpful advice – or pass along yours to your studio-mates!
Are you ready to get Sewcial with us?
* A Sewcial Studio staff member is always available to assist; however, you are required to have basic sewing skills and knowledge of how to thread and use a sewing machine.