A classic and sophisticated tote. This simple and elegant tote will look great with anything and will keep your must-have essentials close at hand. A divided front pocket is perfect for stashing keys and a phone. Don’t let the name fool you, this tote is great in all types of fabrics! Special features
: divided front pocket and interior slip pocket Approx. Finished Dimensions
: 13” W, 15” H, 3” deep Skill Level
: Beginner (Basic sewing skills helpful.) Materials needed
: (from the back of the pattern)
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
• 3/4-yard exterior fabric
• 1 yard lining fabric (non-directional)
• 1/2-yard contrast bottom fabric
• 2 1/4-yards fusible woven interfacing (Pellon SF101 - 20" wide)
• (2) 1”-wide leather handles or cotton webbing, 28” long
• Optional: (3) 8-9 mm double cap rivets and setting tool Recommended Fabrics: Waxed canvas for contrast bottom. Cotton or blended canvas, waxed canvas, denim, wool, twill, home dec for Exterior and Lining. s, denim, wool, twill, home dec for Exterior and Lining.
*If substituting regular canvas for contrast bottom, additional interfacing may be needed for desired structure (½ yard of byAnnie’s Soft and Stable recommended).Wax and Wool PREWORK
There is more information provided in the pattern for working with Waxed Canvas. Instructor’s Notes on Interfacing
• Pellon 987 Fusible Fleece - I have used cotton canvas for the exterior and added SF 101 and Pellon 987 fusible fleece for the stability. Purchase 1/2 yard of Fusible Fleece. Directions are included in the prework.
• Pellon 525 Decovil Light – The shop sample has 525 Decovil Light. Directions are included in the prework. The Contrast Bottom is Waxed Canvas—no interfacing used.
• ByAnnie’s Soft and Stable is another alternative to stabilizing a quilting cotton exterior or a cotton canvas.
• Pattern is written for leather handles or cotton webbing. However, directions will be included to make fabric handles. Additional fabric is not necessary to make handles (It is possible to use what was left from the cotton canvas contrast bottom piece). Requirements
: Supply List & Homework can be found by clicking on the "Wax and Wool Prework" link above